Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"You know what they say about Paris? About France" ..."For Lovers Only"

When I learned that the main actress from my new tv obsession Castle, Stana Katic (who's Canadian by the way!) was in this indie movie called For Lovers Only, I had to check it out. I did a little research and it got really good reviews so I rented it from iTunes.

All I can say is...wow. This is one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen. It is truly a work of art and I have never seen anything like it! It was shot with a $2500 digital camera and no budget, and Stana used her own wardrobe. They used only natural light and sometimes the flashlight from an iPhone. Instead of releasing it in theatres, it is online only, with the news spreading by word of mouth and social media. You can rent or buy it from iTunes or Amazon.

Sofia (Stana Katic) and Yves (Mark Polish) are two former lovers who run into each other in Paris while both are there for work. She's a journalist and he's a photographer. They literally just run into each other in the streets of Paris. Sound romantic? It has been years since they have seen each other and they are each married to other people but running into one another just sets them into a whirlwind. They throw caution to the wind and take off together on a road trip across France.

The chemistry between these two is amazing and sometimes while watching you feel like you're intruding on their personal moment. It's not a movie about falling in love, but being in love. I think most of us have one of those people in our life who we consider to be "the one that got away" and I think watching this movie brings you back to that time, to thinking about what could of been, or what would happen if you were to run into that person. This movie still lingers with me and even though my rental period is done I am definitely going to buy it at some point. Oh, and also, the music in this movie is fabulous.



No comments: