Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas and New Years Re-cap

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. Honestly my Christmas was a tad bit exhausting. I really only had Christmas day off, and working Christmas eve was horrible because it was super busy and I swear all the most annoying, impatient, and all around unpleasant people came to my work on Christmas eve. I vowed to take it off this coming year. Then I worked boxing day which was not too bad because its probably the slowest day of the year for pharmacy and I got paid a crap load of money to be there!

Anyways, the most exciting thing I got for Christmas was this:


I have wanted one of these babies since like....as long as I can remember. I was so excited!!! Anyways I did have 4 days off after Christmas (today being the last day) and I ended up doing some baking 



During the few days I had off I decided to go over to Old Navy because they had a buy 1, get 1 for a loonie sale. For the WHOLE store. It was pretty cool. I actually didn't see too much that I wanted but I did end up getting 2 pairs of shoes, 2 button up tops and 2 cardigans and a bunch of baby stuff for my friend who's having a baby. I spent $125 total and then on top of that awesome sale they had another promotion where for every $25 spent you got $10 in Old navy super cash, up to $30 max. So I ended up getting $30 in supercash to spend starting the end of January. Here a picture of some of my stuff:

my new shoes and my chambray style shirt :)

So normally for New Years I always get my hopes up and end up doing virtually nothing so this year I just didn't care, and got invited to 2 parties :) First I went to my one co-workers house with some other people from my department. We just ate a lot of food and had some chit chat and then I went to another co-workers house with a bunch of people from other departments and did some drinking. Not a super exciting night but a fun night with some fun people! 

Have you guys heard of Checkout 51? It's an iPhone app that is kind of like coupons. Basically there are "offers" that change each week and if you buy any of those items, you just upload a picture of your receipt onto the app, and you get credited for that amount of cash back that was being offered. Once you have $20 in your account you can request for them to mail a check. It sounds too good to be true huh? Its definitely legit because people are talking about it in the Smart Canucks forum and some have already gotten checks. So far I have $5 and heres how:
  • one offer was for $4 cash back if you buy 3 bricks of Philly cream cheese. I saw that it was on sale at Sobeys for $1.99 each and I knew I would need lots of it for my baking so I went and got some. So 3 x $1.99 = $5.97 and $4 cash back means I got them for $1.97. Thats pretty good considering I think they are usually like $4-5 each. 
  • another offer was for $1 back on a bottle of Sprite. It was on sale at Zehrs for $0.99 and I was planning to go to Zehrs anyways to check out the Joe Fresh clothing so i picked up a bottle. 
I've already submitted my receipt pics and got them approved, which took about 2 days. I'm excited to see what offers they have next week!







1 comment:

The Asian Pear said...

oooh. Kitchenaid! I want one of those so bad! Did you make the cupcakes with the mixer?